Monday, May 16, 2011

Reflection

I've always considered myself to be somewhat technologically challenged, but after going through the 23 things and building on the knowledge I already had, I feel much more comfortable with it.

I definitely see some applications that would help the adult services team, especially the programming committee. For instance, a Wiki would be great when creating programming schedules, or even just agenda items for meetings. Would eliminate alot of emails flying back and forth among the team.

We're also starting to expand out Computer Class offerings to include things like navigating digital downloads and the Web 101 which is awesome, as our patrons are very interested in learning new things.

I regret not starting the 23 things sooner, but I know myself and I work best under pressure. I hope to expand on what I've learned so far and put some of these ideas into practice and implement some new tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment