Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do you have a "tweet" tooth?

I have to say I'm a lover of chocolate but, Twitter, not so much.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have its benefits. I'm not really interested in knowing if people are "catching up on their favorite soap opera," or "making tuna salad for lunch", but I would like to know if Firehouse Subs has a $2.00 special on their 8 inch Italian Sub today. That has value for me.

I think that Twitter can be a useful tool for libraries if they have a special event coming up and want to get the word out fast, but I'm interested in knowing how you build up your number of followers. How do you get the word out that the Frisco Public Library (FPL) is a site worth following? I'm not sure.

Once you have a large number of followers, you could use the search tool to find information about what people are reading and what topics are currently top of mind and can gear things like book displays and programs to target them.

No comments:

Post a Comment