Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Practicing with Picasa

This particular exercise, posting photos and creating an album in Picasa, proved to be quite challenging. I'm not a big picture taker, so everything I had in my "picture" folder was quite old. However, my niece is quite the photo fiend and she had tagged some photos of our ski trip to Banff last year and put them on Facebook for me. It took me awhile to figure out how to get them from Facebook to Picasa, but I finally managed...please see for yourself at https://picasaweb.google.com/105974512528941963477/BanffSkiTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6u7LP9nueTeQ#.

I've been thinking about applications for the library and thought that it would be a great way to promote a program I've been working on called "Armchair Traveler". I'd like to hold a series of travelogues at the library over the fall and winter, focusing on destinations we have featured in our travel kits. We could use travel photos on Picasa in our invitations to patrons. Hopefully it would peak their interest and entice them to come in and checkout our Archair Traveler sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment