Monday, May 16, 2011

Hulu

This past Christmas I received a BluRay DVD player from my brother and his kids. Until then I very rarely even watched movies at home. But all that has changed. I signed up for HuluPlus and the rest is history!

I work most nights of the week at the library so I'm hardly ever home to watch some of my favorite shows (Bones, Glee, and Private Practice). Nopw with my new suscription to HuluPlus it's no longer a problem. I'm able to catch up on all my shows at my leisure either on my TV or my computer. It's made me a very happy camper.

But these perks all come at a price. A subscription to HuluPlus is $8.99/month, so not everyone can afford it. Although there are alsodiscount places like NetFlix and RedBox to get movies, I think there will always be people relying on libraries to supply this service. Right now we seem to be having some difficulty in keeping up with the latest and greatest, however that's a supplier issue which should soon be resolved. I also heard we're getting some Blu Ray DVDs, so we're moving forward.

Who knows, you may eventually see streaming allowed through places like Hulu in libraries down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment