Sunday, May 15, 2011

Music Streaming and Sharing

I can't remember who first introduced me to Pandora, but I fell in love with it instantly and couldn't wait to tell all my friends.

I had so much fun setting up different stations featuring the music of my favorite artists....from Blue October,  the Scissor Sisters, and Kings of Leon, to Shania Twain, Duffy, and Sting. It was amazing the way Pandora could then feature other similar music that appealed to my taste. It introduced me to several artists I'd never considered before. I also liked that I was able to let Pandora know if it played something I didn't like and they never played it again. Another feature I like is that you can choose a "random" mix and it pulls songs from all of your stations.

The only problem I've encountered is inthe actual streaming. When I play it through my Blu Ray player it often gets hung up....possibly not a fast enough Internet connection. That's the only frustrating part.

It's so great to be able to have a constant stream of music and not have to worry about getting up to change CDs. I also just noticed that OI can share Pandora with my friends on Facebook. Not sure they have quite the eclectic taste that I do, but it may introduce them to something they'd never considered before and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment