Sunday, May 15, 2011

No need to ask for directions ever again

Google Maps is a great resource for everyone and has definitely come in handy while assisting patrons in the library. We often get people coming in and asking where something is, and how to get there. All we have to do is bring up google maps, plug in the name or address and up it pops. We then just hit the "get directions" button, plug in the library's address in the "From" line, and their destination in the "to" line and hit enter. Voila, step by step directions ready for printing.

For this exercise, I selected the Maribelle Davis Library as my destination. I decided to stick with something I knew so that I could confirm that Google Maps knew what it was doing.

I tried following steps to embed the map in my blog, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. I talk to Adam and decided to try to add it here.http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=10704+Tallahassee+Dr.+Frisco+Tx+75035&daddr=7501+Independence+Pkwy+%23+B,+Plano,+TX+75025-2489+(Maribelle+Davis+Library)&hl=en&geocode=Fd9V-QEdOSg7-inBqNI3Bz1MhjHLMRd9sxgqPg%3BFfvD-AEdprU7-iGuZmTlTqpYnilNE3ryVT1MhjGxOAkgO0FgWg&mra=ls&sll=33.104197,-96.750069&sspn=0.121365,0.3368&ie=UTF8&z=13

No comments:

Post a Comment